• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

im stupid. what now?

josh870

NAXJA Forum User
i just recharged my A/C, there was zero pressure, but me being a genious i forgot to shake the can. it only says "shake vigorously" a few dozen times on the can... should i take it somewhere that can drain it or just leave it be?

Shake vigourously is there because they added in a corresponding amount of oil in the freon. Your can could of blown all the freon out and left the oil. The oil is easy and cheap to introduce if you wish, If you did not do a solid evac and vacuum of the system the amount needed is slight if any...depends on what got blown or sucked out previosly. And dont worry, im stupid too, and I like good company :peace::laugh:

Last edited:
You could have oil injected at a shop. they can inject oil without evac/recharge. I wouldn't run the compressor too much without oil. Im assuming r134 and oil is whats in the cans?

The amount of oil needed depends on why the system was at zero pressure. Too much and you reduce your cooling capacity. Too little and the compressor runs too hot. Slow leak over the winter, no traces of oil on any of the fittings, and no changed parts, I say run it.

alright i guess i will run it for now. how long does it take to work? it still blows hot air. probably needs more than just the recharge

The amount of oil needed depends on why the system was at zero pressure. Too much and you reduce your cooling capacity. Too little and the compressor runs too hot. Slow leak over the winter, no traces of oil on any of the fittings, and no changed parts, I say run it.

Best advice given. :skull1:

Back