• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust manifold hardware for 2000

jls095

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,

Replacing the exhaust manifold on my 2000 and looking to use new hardware. Seems as though there's a mix of nuts, bolts and studs. Does anyone know if there's a complete kit out there? There isn't one from the dealer...

Dorman's kit goes up to 1999. Will that work on my 2000?

The bolts, nuts, heavy washers, and studs are the same at least from 1997-2001.

Generally these parts are reusable and most kits do not include the heavy washers.

If you just want new bolts, you can get them at the hardware store.

When assembling, you can coat the bolts with Nickel anti-seize to prevent them from rusting to the head. You need the high temp Nickel in this application.

Hi all,

Replacing the exhaust manifold on my 2000 and looking to use new hardware. Dorman's kit goes up to 1999. Will that work on my 2000?
If your 2000 has California emissions, with the two mini-cats, the Dorman kit will not have the four bolts and flag nuts needed to attach the min-cats to the exhaust manifolds.
The flag nuts are needed due to the lack of access.
X2 on the nickel anti-seize, the bolts securing the mini-cats get extremely hot, rust quickly and seize.

Back