• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission quick connect line leak

AIbandit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I replaced the line that goes from the trans to the rad because the rubber was heavily damaged. The connection on the new one was metal instead of the plastic clips my old one had.
Stupid thing leaks like a sieve now. It's clipped on but I can slide it up and down about 1/4"

Am I missing something?

I guess I'll put my old hose back on then and return this crappy line.

Bummer

Mine had a tendency to come loose, even with new clips. A couple twists of stainless wire solved that. They're dry, so long as they're together. Maybe it didn't come with an o-ring installed?

If you don't have 2 O-rings and a plastic spacer in the disco it will not seal. The connector needs the combination of the o-ring, spacer, o-ring to create the seal.

Remove the connector and look inside of it. Is there an o-ring or a hard plastic ring in there? Anything crosswise in there? Is there nothing in there or on the tubing?

800-750_8.jpg

If not, this is what you need. The white part just holds it all together for packaging/marketing. The parts you need is the black part, the two O-rings and the little spacer between the two O-rings. The black plastic part slides on to the tubing and is secured by the "shoulder" on the line...the you slide the o-ring on, then the spacer, then the other o-ring. Then you push the tubing into the female part of the connector firmly until it "clicks".

Last edited:
Go an plumbing, when I still drove an automatic, I had perpetual trans Cooler leaks until I said screw it and payed up for the good stuff, as flammable as trans fluid is, it's not worth the risk if the budget can be allocated for AN lines.

I just cut the old one flared the ends and used hose clamps.
I'll add AN lines to my todo list.

Back