• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

did my passenger side motor mount break off in the past?

md21722

NAXJA Forum User
I've had my 97 XJ for less than a year. When I was doing the oil pan and RMS, I noticed that the oil pan flange lip was dinged up. At first I wondered if I had done that, but then I saw a similar mark on the frame rail. I can't see any other evidence that the motor mount was broken, but I haven't taken the mount off yet. I am wondering if this is consistent with the mount coming loose from the block.

I noticed a similar thing on my '96. The motor mount ear on the right side of the block has some real goobers of weld around it where it meets the block. And the radiator had an impression in it as though the engine had fallen down and forward, and the fan was pushed into it. And the shroud was oddly cracked. Things that make you go HHMMMMM....

Someone might have jacked up the motor in some odd fashion, to swap the motor mounts.

Its called FLEX! BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My passenger UCA mount left a few witness marks before I read up on bump-stops. At the time, I was learning about sway bar disconnects. :D

jjeep002.JPG

Back