• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harbor Freight 6" Off road Lights

pnwridgerunner

NAXJA Forum User
Have any of you guys used or are still using Harbor Freight 6" off road lights, they look like a K.C. knock off light but as cheap as they are, O would like to know if there worth the price. Saw them for $10.99 at harbor freight, just would like some other point of view need to get lights on my rig by July before I go camping.

I have a set on my jeep, they have rusted externally since I moved to the PNW last year, but look great otherwise. I'm thinking I could probably sand and paint them with like black enamel or something and get a couple more years. For $10 you can't go wrong...

For the cost of LEDs (even cheap no names) on fleabay and amazone...why go incandescent when you can do LEDs for a little more and the difference is like night and day...No more incandescent for me.

What ^^ said. You can pick up pairs of LED light pods for around 30$ in amazon. Lot less power usage and not from harbor freight. Haha. Rocknxj from sierra/socal has a couple pairs of the "nilight" brand ( I think ) 3x2 pods that were around 30-35$/pair Cree led power for little money is worth it. Heck, you can even get semi-decent light bars on amazon for under 100$

The truth is you can fit a 130w H3 in them for less then the comparable LED lumen-wise. A set of hella bulbs are $10, plus a set of HF fixtures at $20, for $30 you have a high quality set of off road lights.

Back