• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine mount recommendations

Brown dog or MORE

If you want more NVH (noise, vibration, harshness), go aftermarket; otherwise, the OEM is good for at least 100K. Browndog offers two kinds of bushings, more NVH and a little more NVH. Usually the driver side mount goes first so you might want to check that too.

will do. I care more about form and function than anything else. My jeep gets used mostly for hunting and utility, my offroading is normally limited to trail riding in Capitol Forest or out in the hills around Ellensburg.

Another +1 for Brown Dog, but I opted for the rubber mounts. I installed them the same time I replaced a cracked exhaust header on my 98.

The BD mounts are a bit "stiffer", and do produce a bit more "buzzy-ness" for the overall driving experience. But I am of the belief that I could reduce engine rotation torque, with stiffer motor mounts; and thereby reduce the strain on the header, as the engine torques over during normal use. So far that theory seems to have paid off...

I used Brown Dog rubber mounts when I swapped engines in 2011 and they are still there and still look new. They buzz a little for a couple of weeks but then break in nicely. Poly is for high demand applications like racing and crawling, rubber is much better for driving to and from the destination.

Brown dog or brown dog.

Had MORE before they're not on the same level.

Brown dog or brown dog.

Had MORE before they're not on the same level.

Do tell? IMHO, the mores are fabricated better, as they have the little gusset inside the box, it seems lazy not to add that gusset, but there is no way I see the brown dogs being way better than the mores...

I've got close to 7 years on my mores, over 4 xj's.... I'm not a fanboy and I'm curious.

They haven't always been gusseted and the material was thinner.

Not sure if they're thicker now but the gusset is smart.

Brown Dog all the way, I have poly bushing and have no issues with the vibration. I also suggest going with the motor side brackets at the same time, they are seriously stout and worth every penny. Great company and products can't say enough good things.

Have the Brown dog rubber mounts on my rig, been happy.with them

After seeing the stinky fab ones in person this weekend, I would go with those, with the block side mounts, if I were doing it over again today

xWHATEVER on Brown Dog mounts, I have them in the rubber variety.
THe StinkyFab ones look legit too.

Back