• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bed swap questions and advice

Johnnie Walker

Piece of Fish!
NAXJA Member
My MJ currently has a utility bed on it (pics in my build thread). And it is partially welded to the frame.
I noticed that the from the factory the fuel tank attaches to the bed. Since the utility bed will most likely be removed at a friend's shop, I was thinking about using some strips of steel/other material across the frame for the tank to mount to.

Any thoughts, concerns, constructive criticism?

actually it's attached to the frame and the bed. The straps have pins that fit into slots in the frame side.

If you slap some supports across the frame to attach the threaded rods to you should be fie.

actually it's attached to the frame and the bed. The straps have pins that fit into slots in the frame side.

If you slap some supports across the frame to attach the threaded rods to you should be fie.

I guess I should have added that, I knew that the driver side mounted to the frame, and the middle to the bed. Thank you for clarifying it though. I figured it shouldn't be too hard once I pull the utility bed.

Back