• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Took a trip from Ramona, Anzo, to Salton Sea

Producer_Shawn

NAXJA Forum User
Had a great weekend with the wife.

We stayed in Ramona Friday night, Saturday morning we took Black Canyon over to near julian. Then on Saturday we took the 22 to Borrego Springs the over to the ocotillo Off road area. Here we went in at the main entrance then headed over to the gas domes the took pole line to tule wash to the 86. Was a really fun off roading weekend. We came across a F-250 stuck in the sand. Was by far the heaviest thing I have ever winched. We got it out had to use a snatch block to make it happen.

jHOzD5f.jpg

yXjjK0p.jpg

gZqWkfw.jpg

g51mkpy.jpg

SeiA47J.jpg

Lucky them... that you were in the area & were set up to help...

Well played...

Curt

Looks like fun. Anza Borrego is a beautiful place.
Lucky for those guys that you showed up. I've stumbled across many stuck vehicles in random spots out there. Nothing surprises me anymore, except how unprepared some folks are.

They were going crazy waving us down. Funny thing was I had just introduced my wife to the Mad Max movies and she looks at me and says. "They are probably Cannibals" I about fell out of my Jeep. Turns out it was just a bunch of guys stuck out in the sand beyond cell phone coverage.

Back