• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Part # for crank sensor from dealer

jeepgldgr

NAXJA Forum User
I have A 1988 Wagoneer 4.0l and was just told by my local dealer they no longer have the cps's as they are just not being made. I know this is nutts but when i asked for the cps for a later year he said he could not look up anything without a vin. so my question is does anyone have the part # I really do not want to try a third bad cps from autozone they are a bitch to install to be able to test as we all know. Thax for any info :)

Factorychryslerparts.com has a great online catalog. I often use them for part numbers an d then find the best place to buy the part.

Last edited:
Has it occurred to you that after three tries it may not be the CPS, but something in the wiring?

Albert Einstein quote "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

I'd check out Cruisers checklist and see what he has to say about the CPS. How to test and possible fixes.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1115935

Thx guys I have done the tests like Cruiser says installed a autozone duralst 2 months ago. Had intermit hard starts at first then rough idle and stalling.
I checked ohms it was at 2.40 the voltage was at 3.4 so i replaced it under warranty and because i couldnt get the dealer parts dept. to look the damn thing up. installed the next one today and it checked 2.75ohms but only 2.52 volts and wont start at all now. I will recheck the wires but think im just getting Shit parts. Thx again i will try to get them to find that part # or find a Napa somewhere the closest one is about a 65 mile round trip. I did however find that if you lower the tranny down a couple inches you can get your hand in there better and i believe now I could RR the thing in less that 30minutes just need to find a good one.

Been there done that, I'm a headlight switch expert. They tend to last me months not years. I do have to admit the dealer OEM headlight switch did last twice as long as the after markets did, but still didn't make it to it's first birthday.

Crappy parts take all the fun out of wrenching.

Your numbers don't don't sound right, you are either using the wrong scale on your tester or you are doing it wrong?

Back