• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88 MJ 5.3l swap ignition help

I'm new to the forum, and this is my first post. I need help with wiring my ignition up, I've followed the wiring diagrams to the best of my abilities.

I've been cutting, splicing, and repairing wires underneath the dash trying to get the starter to turn over 5.3 with no luck.
I've removed the jeep harness from starting from the jeep ECU to out the firewall, to the C101 nightmare on the drivers side. The old relay bracket behind the battery for the B+ latch and fuel pump etc. is still intact for the time being, don't know what I want to do with it yet or if I need it to run anything else important on the jeep.

I'm using a standalone Howell EFI harness, I'd like to know which wire I need to splice my harness into on the steering column for the 12v switched and for the 12v constant.

My computer at the shop isn't allowing me to post the pics I have but ill try to get those posted ASAP for y'all. I've done the entire swap with the 'relative ease' that comes from putting a v8 in a jeep, and it's coming down to two wires holding me up, so if you gentlemen have any input on it I'd appreciate it greatly!

haven't figured out how to navigate the site well enough to create a sig, but this is what im working with:

'88 Comanche 4x4
'08 5.3l V8 from a Silverado
Mated to an AX-15
Howell EFI standalone harness
No lift, 29 inch tires,
blood sweat tears and an empty wallet!

yellow for your ignition

green for the starter solenoid.

brown powers all the chassis stuff.

rewire the starter relay for a standard piece while you're in there. The renix specific one is never in stock.

Back