• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Member With Questions

ctxj99

NAXJA Forum User
Hello to all! I am new to this website and new to owning a XJ. I have had friends who have owned Jeeps and we've taken them out, but this is the first time I have owned one myself. I live in San Diego and have no clue where to go for some wheelin' and what's the best for my Jeep. This is my current setup:

99 XJ Classic

3.5" Rubicon Express lift which I wish was bigger
32" tires but have 15" steelies to mount once these tires go bad
OX front locker (cable actuated)
4:10 gears
Rock sliders
Rear rock hard bumper

That's it. I know not much, but it's a start I think. When I bought it the guy gave me the extra steelies, a spare tire and rim, a ford 8.8 rear axle with disc brake setup and an extra transfer case with a SYE on it.

Basically, I am looking for people who I can connect with and share in their wealth of knowledge because I don't know a ton. I have no clue where to go in San Diego and I would like to be shown the ropes a little more than what I know and maybe someone who can make suggestions for the Jeep as well. I appreciate any help I can get and would like to make some friends down here to go with. Thanks guys.

Thank you. Where do I register for this? I have never been to one of these and don't know what to expect or do. Thanks.

Thanks bro. I appreciate that. ill grab that and maybe we can go on a run together. I'll be working on it this weekend. Gonna cut the fenders.

First off, Welcome to NAXJA.

Socalfest which is going on in a few weeks up in Big Bear is our next socal chapter event. If your looking for something less camping/wheeling, next Monday there is a meet and greet in your neck of the woods if you want to come hang out with some cool jeep people and talk jeep.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1119920

Welcome to NAXJA.

The Charles Wells book is a good purchase. Sometimes the forum is quiet - I'd guess lots of people are just lurking, so post up when you want to head out and you'll get a response.

It's out of print, but if you can find a copy of Eric Zappe's High Performance Jeep Cherokee XJ Builder's Guide, that's a great resource to have on hand if you're going to be making further modifications to your rig.

Thanks guys. I'll see if i can make it Monday night to meet some people and pick their brains. Me and my wife don't drink but it would be good to meet people. I'll try and make it to so Cal fest but the sites are all taken i believe. Any ideas? Is it close to idyllwild at all?

Thanks guys. I'll see if i can make it Monday night to meet some people and pick their brains. Me and my wife don't drink but it would be good to meet people. I'll try and make it to so Cal fest but the sites are all taken i believe. Any ideas? Is it close to idyllwild at all?

few of us dont drink anymore/neverhave so you wont be alone :D

idylwild is a lilttle hill off to the east of the bigbear/sanberdoo mountains, from there your looking at 45 minutes or so to big bear.

ya man whatever you need to know is here.

other wheeling nearish to san d...

corral canyon
susperstition
ocotillo/truckhaven
lawrence welk (not official but i hear its a good place to test your stuff out)
johnson valley
stoddard wells
calico

theres probably more but those are most of the main ones you can get to without spending an entire tank of fuel on the way there.

few of us dont drink anymore/neverhave so you wont be alone :D

idylwild is a lilttle hill off to the east of the bigbear/sanberdoo mountains, from there your looking at 45 minutes or so to big bear.

ya man whatever you need to know is here.

other wheeling nearish to san d...

corral canyon
susperstition
ocotillo/truckhaven
lawrence welk (not official but i hear its a good place to test your stuff out)
johnson valley
stoddard wells
calico

theres probably more but those are most of the main ones you can get to without spending an entire tank of fuel on the way there.

Good to know we won't be alone.

OK 45 min might be a bit too much of a drive. Any suggestions on anywhere else close if those sites are full so we can at least meet the group?

Thanks for the tips on local places. Curious, where is the Lawrence welK one at? I used to live by that resort in hidden meadows. Can I Google those places you listed?

Good to know we won't be alone.

OK 45 min might be a bit too much of a drive. Any suggestions on anywhere else close if those sites are full so we can at least meet the group?

Thanks for the tips on local places. Curious, where is the Lawrence welK one at? I used to live by that resort in hidden meadows. Can I Google those places you listed?

any camp ground or inn motel near the discovery center will be plenty close.

ya man google em up youll find all the info ya need.

never seen hidden meadows, the lawrence welk one is just past escondido off the 15N....its not public land but people go there and drive things.

any camp ground or inn motel near the discovery center will be plenty close.

ya man google em up youll find all the info ya need.

never seen hidden meadows, the lawrence welk one is just past escondido off the 15N....its not public land but people go there and drive things.

Ok I'll look into other campgrounds. 87 is taken again. Yeah that's right where I we'd to live. Hidden meadows is the furthest north you can go in esco. I'll have to see where it's at.

Back