• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going rate for an 88 XJ dana 44 rebuilt?

bobbo85

NAXJA Forum User
Picked up a XJ dana 44, planned on putting it in but might just stick with the 8.25 29 spline. I ordered all new bearings seal, hubs, drums and brakes. What's the going rate for a remanufactured axle? Heard 300-400 as is, 500-600 for rebuilt. Thoughts? All parts are timken and centric. Thanks!

I don't have a price for you.

My thought is that putting work into the assembly, will limit interest to the people who want that axle, in that gear ratio. In that group of people will be the anal-retentive who does not trust anyone else's work...unless it comes with a warranty. It is much easier to sell that "diamond in the rough."

I don't have a price for you.

My thought is that putting work into the assembly, will limit interest to the people who want that axle, in that gear ratio. In that group of people will be the anal-retentive who does not trust anyone else's work...unless it comes with a warranty. It is much easier to sell that "diamond in the rough."

that.

and I gave $50 for the factory MJ D44 in my driveway 6 months ago. Needed new shafts and brakes.

I sold all the XJ/MJ D44 I found as-is internally. Most did get sandblasted and painted.

Local junkyard gets $180 for ANY axle. Gotta be picky...and then pull it yourself. I imagine someone with some energy and a can of black paint could double that price...and get it!

Back