• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wtb: 4wd ax5

RedneckIn_Progress

NAXJA Forum User
I managed to almost destroy the ax5 I just swapped into my Comanche so I am in the market for a new one! As long as it isnt super noisy and stays in gear most of the time I will probably take it.

I got a little excited when I got my new engine running and ran it for around 30 minutes with no oil in the trans. It was just a little noisy for a bit, but then some of the bearings just gave up and it's awful now. I still have my ax4 but I shortened the drive shaft so I would need to make a new one to put it back on since it's the 2wd model.

Don't waste your time sourcing another ax5 because 5th gear is useless. Well, unless your using maybe 4.88's and 31's. Just buy whatever cheep ax4 you can get your hands on.

Dave my truck only has 28" tires so 5th gear works fine for me
Lol. And spec fab I think i take it. Let me talk to my parents and I'll see about either having my cousin pick it up this week sometime or maybe I can swing by this weekend?

Can't you swap the ax5 internals into a ax4? I think I remember reading about that. So if you buy the ax4 from Adam/nathen you should be able to swap the 5th gear stuff into the ax4 I believe and still have a 5 speed

Can't you swap the ax5 internals into a ax4? I think I remember reading about that. So if you buy the ax4 from Adam/nathen you should be able to swap the 5th gear stuff into the ax4 I believe and still have a 5 speed

Yes you can swap the AX5 5th gear into an AX4 case,i never worried about it though since 5th gear is the main failure in the AX5.

Back