• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Squeaky LCA bolts

jmeti000

NAXJA Forum User
I recently installed adjustable upper and lower control arms. While installing them I noticed the bushing on the new arms were slightly wider than the stock ones. Installing them took some....finessing (and ALOT of grease), to say the least, but I got them all in and snugged down to spec. Of course, nothing is easy and they squeaked like crazy. I lived with it for a while, but it finally got the better of my tonight and I found that if I loosen the bolt on the axle end of the LCA a bit the squeak goes away. I'm wondering if this is due to the bushing being a little wider than the stock ones. Either way, since this isn't the end that slides back and forth, does anyone see an issue with running these two bolts a little looser than what the specs say so I don't half to listen it squeak?

Thanks

Do not run the bolts loose.

those bolts are designed to act as a clamp and clamp the bonded sleeve into the mount.

running them loose will load them in shear, not tension like they are designed causing them to bend and break.

what you need to do is either get the correct bushings, or sand the bushing material down a bit so that the mount clamps on the sleeve and not on the bushing material.

Back