• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Met a neighbor the other day

Fred

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
with an 86 Comanche long bed that was pristine. We went to the same neighborhood hardware store and I waved him down when he got in the MJ. He bought it new in 86, it's been garaged since he bought it. Which is why I hadn't seen it before, I'm always walking the dog through the neighborhood, and MJ's catch my eye. He only had 70k miles on it. I'm thinking it will be in his garage when he dies. He has a couple of other jeeps including a Willy's. I don't think he parks any of them on the street as I have walked down his street frequently and would have noticed, "JEEPS>"

I gave him a NAXJA card, so if a guy named Roger shows up, that's him. His MJ is PERFECT, except for the chevy V-6 and the pukegoat tranny.

with an 86 Comanche long bed that was pristine. We went to the same neighborhood hardware store and I waved him down when he got in the MJ. He bought it new in 86, it's been garaged since he bought it. Which is why I hadn't seen it before, I'm always walking the dog through the neighborhood, and MJ's catch my eye. He only had 70k miles on it. I'm thinking it will be in his garage when he dies. He has a couple of other jeeps including a Willy's. I don't think he parks any of them on the street as I have walked down his street frequently and would have noticed, "JEEPS>"

I gave him a NAXJA card, so if a guy named Roger shows up, that's him. His MJ is PERFECT, except for the chevy V-6 and the pukegoat tranny.

Nice.

But, pretty sure that the GM motors got the AX-4 or 5 and not the pukegoat.

Out of curiosity, is that tranny better or worse than the pukegoat?

Out of curiosity, is that tranny better or worse than the pukegoat?

anything is better than the pukegoat.

the AX-4/5 is like a baby AX-15. Still a Toyota design.
They still used them for a long time behind the 4 bangers after the 2.8 went away. TJ's too I think.

Back