• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

231/300 doubler

DoWorkXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone here run this setup with an AW4? Do you run a 231 speedo gear in the 300? Or do you run it unplugged with no side affects? I'm just making sure I won't have any problems with shift points, if I dont have the speedo plugged in on my 98 and my 231/300 doubler. I don't care about the speedometer, but part of me thinks it will act up since its an auto. Thanks!

the trans computer doesnt care about your speedo. It gets shift points by knowing what gear it is in and reading the output sensor on the transmission.

You might get a check engine light wiht no speedo, but it will shift right.

I had a jet accu speed thing in my 98 and if it came unplugged it would just set a light and speedo wouldn't work. If it's off-road only then I'd do it. I got a speedo converter in my Dana 300 that screws onto 300 like a speedo cable and other end is electrical connection and I just wired in to factory harness. Speedo way off but no light

Awesome thanks. I thought I'd be fine, but figured I'd ask. It's off-road only really, so screw it.

Back