• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Correct Part # for 01 XJ Trans Mount?

erykv1

NAXJA Forum User
Hello NAXJA,

I need to replace my automatic transmission mount as I am feeling some movement when starting from a stop / coming to a stop.

From a brief internet search I've read conflicting reviews as to what part to get. The part number referred to on car parts websites (autozone, advanced, oreilleys) seem to contradict each other.

I read that the 00-01's have a different mount. Centered vs offset.

These are the two DEA part numbers I've narrowed it down to.

DEA A5346
DEA A2625

I know you can drill out the crossmember to adapt either one, but I'd like to purchase the correct one if possible.

Thanks in advance!

I looked in my FSM for my 2001 but didn't find an answer. Perhaps if you are able to dig deeper you may find that one is for a manual transmission and one for an automatic? Just a thought.

You don't have to buy it, but it has 1 bad, non credible, review.

(this mount is on our race car....)

Thanks guys for all your input.

For anyone doing a search in the future, the 00-01 XJ's use a centered mount (4 studs are located center relative to the mount). and the earlier years use an offset style mount.

I purchased the DEA5346 for my 01 XJ and I will report back once it arrives. Hope it gets rid of the feeling of something shifting under me when I come to a stop / accel from a stop.

Been through this with my 2001 and brother's 2000.
The rear of the transmission is offset on the late model XJs, equipped with the mini-cats. The downpipe is moved to the driver's side, to provide room for the mini-cats.
This brings the downpipe very near the front driveshaft and is, I believe, the reason for the switch to the LP D30. (Anyone one know for sure?)
The sideways shift is done with an offset trans mount.

The aftermarket mounts that I have bought from Rock Auto and Napa are nowhere near OEM standards (junk) and way overpriced.
The mounting studs pulled out of two of them, very nice.

Instead of the offset mount of dubious quality, you can use a good, stock trans mount by drilling a new set of offset mounting holes in the crossmember.
Position the mount so there is adequate clearance between the front driveshaft and the exhaust down pipe.

I strongly recommend cleaning off the tops of the 18mm bolts through the transmission and start spraying with penetrating oil now...

Reading the reviews it looks like this mount is a POS.

It saved my Cherokee from getting scrapped ...

Thanks guys for all your input.

For anyone doing a search in the future, the 00-01 XJ's use a centered mount (4 studs are located center relative to the mount). and the earlier years use an offset style mount.

I purchased the DEA5346 for my 01 XJ and I will report back once it arrives. Hope it gets rid of the feeling of something shifting under me when I come to a stop / accel from a stop.

Oh, it definitely will. I could feel the transmission moving around (oddly enough motor mounts are still fine) before changing it out. Now everything feels quite solid.

Been through this with my 2001 and brother's 2000.
The rear of the transmission is offset on the late model XJs, equipped with the mini-cats. The downpipe is moved to the driver's side, to provide room for the mini-cats.
This brings the downpipe very near the front driveshaft and is, I believe, the reason for the switch to the LP D30. (Anyone one know for sure?)
The sideways shift is done with an offset trans mount.

The aftermarket mounts that I have bought from Rock Auto and Napa are nowhere near OEM standards (junk) and way overpriced.
The mounting studs pulled out of two of them, very nice.

Instead of the offset mount of dubious quality, you can use a good, stock trans mount by drilling a new set of offset mounting holes in the crossmember.
Position the mount so there is adequate clearance between the front driveshaft and the exhaust down pipe.

There's no way a HP30 would fit in a stock 2000 with the precats in the exhaust manifold. I have to bump stop the left side because the pinion yoke hits the exhaust manifold when I flex - and i have 3.5'' of lift. If I had zero lift ... it wouldn't work.

Same with a TJ - if you have a few inches of lift - you can fit the HP30 in

Back