• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replacement leaf springs... standard or medium duty?

Jeepguy03

NAXJA Forum User
I'm replacing the sagging leaf springs on an '01 XJ for a friend. He has stock sized 225/75R15 tires and drives 50 miles a day all highway. He wants to fix the sag in the rear of the Jeep but doesn't want any lift or vibration problems. This is a stock (non-up country) bare bones 2001 XJ Sport with 4x4 and the 4.0 engine.

Quadratec offers three kinds of leaf springs: heavy duty, medium duty, and standard duty. I know the heavy duty can give 1-2" of lift, but what is the difference between the standard and medium duty? Anyone have experience with these?

I searched but only found info using the heavy duty springs as a hybrid 2" lift.

I dont know the difference between those on quadrtec`s website but if your looking for stock leaf springs, the ones that many people use are Dorman, part number 929-301 made in columbia, just check and make sure they will work for that year jeep if you decide to try them.

I dont know the difference between those on quadrtec`s website but if your looking for stock leaf springs, the ones that many people use are Dorman, part number 929-301 made in columbia, just check and make sure they will work for that year jeep if you decide to try them.

I looked them up on Amazon and it seems they are stock springs but the "heavy duty" version which lift it 1" over stock. Some people in the reviews even claimed 1.5-2" of lift. They are for 1984-2001 Cherokees but seem to be for the up-country version.

I have a 2" lift on my 2000 and still needed a T-case drop so I can see why he would want the stock springs on an '01.

With the dorman 929-301 my jeep rides at 18" all around. There are crown HD's which probably make it more like an upcountry.

Up country suspension is 1" higher than stock. That means 18" from the bottom of the fender flare to the center of wheel hub in the rear, and 18.5" in the front. Mine has a 2" lift and sits exactly 19" in the rear and 19.5" front.

I put the 929-301 leafs on my bone stock daily driver, 2wd, and it has been working fine. It sits a little tail high, but it is similar to stock.

Back