• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nice looking removable mud flaps?

xriide

NAXJA Forum User
Around here it seems like everyone is getting busted for not having mud flaps lately. So I want to save myself the 120 dollar ticket.

I have been searching, and looks like a bar coming out of the hitch with flaps bolted to it is the easiest for sure, but looks ghetto, and I am trying to keep the ghetto off my jeep.

Having an easy place to put them when I am off roading would be nice too.

You looking for bolt on or quick release pin style?

Doesn't really matter if it's a couple minutes or few seconds to put on and off. It's never a race to get home. Just want it to look nice, I have decent fab skills, but just not sure where to start really.

I was almost thinking a little bracket off the nut strip and then a little weld to the frame to hold out a mud flap and have it under a bit, but might be a huge pain after the mud.

I've been running some identical to the Teraflex 4808401 flaps for a few years but they seem crazy expensive now. I think I got mine for $35 just a few years ago.

I've been running some identical to the Teraflex 4808401 flaps for a few years but they seem crazy expensive now. I think I got mine for $35 just a few years ago.

Same kit I have and it works great; a simple quick-release pin and they're on or off.

Because of the size difference between the bracket hole and the bar though, the flaps tend to kind of 'sag' a bit. I just made some shims out of some heavy rubber mat I had laying around to fit behind the brackets.

Rocky road outfitters has a slick kit that I run. They are very quick on and off, and the design is simple and out of the way. I saw a couple bad reviews on cust svc on another product, but I have not had any issues.
http://www.rocky-road.com/jeep-cherokee-mud-flaps.html
59 without mudflaps, 79 with. I can cut mine out of an 18 wheeler flap for $9, so buyers choice there.

Can you post up some pics?

Pardon the rust - they are 7 years old now with salty roads.

WP_002420_zpsjnuagrxm.jpg

WP_002419_zpsblugxbas.jpg

WP_002418_zps5i1uua1d.jpg

WP_002417_zpsuvpkykl2.jpg

Back