• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone used the Crown HD steering?

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
So I have been noticing my steering getting sloppier over the past few years and with 260,000 on the stock stuff it's time to swap it out. I know on. Lifted Jeep there are some great upgrade options, all with their pros and cons and all come with a price. My Jeep sees mainly street duty sadly and only has 33s with a 3.5" lift so I had been looking at stock replacment parts and just doing the ZJ tie rod upgrade until I saw the the Crown HD upgrade kit that is basically that, stock parts with a heavy duty tie rod (which looks a lot like a ZJ tie rod) for the price it seems cheaper to buy the kit than to buy all the stock parts and grab a ZJ tie rod from a junkyard.

So my question is does anyone have any experience with this kit?

IIRC, the crown HD kit is a zj kit. You're getting cheap tre's and a draglink you possibly don't need to upgrade. They're the same as zj on early 90's xj's and up. What year is your jeep?

I figured that was the case, they saw where guys were using ZJ tie rods and swapping them on XJs and TJs and said we have the parts just put them all together and call it an HD kit. My Jeep is. 97 with 260,000 miles on stock stuff and been turning 33s since 180,000 miles and 31s before that since 80,000 miles so the steering has seen better days. I know it's all just ZJ stuff but the price is pretty good. So I was just seeing if anyone had this EXACT kit and what they thought about it.

I want to say that when it first hit the market, a lot of people thought it was a great deal if they needed to replace their draglink too (as in their old one was the smaller one or just old). I seem to also remember the long term quality no panning out as far as the ends go. YMMV.

Back