• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aw4 dipstick tube

Ahhlicks

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have a picture of the trans dipstick tube (separated). I noticed the end of mine (part that goes into the tube in the pan) is slightly bent, not sure if this is normal or not because I can't find any pictures

6plsmw.jpg

It's supposed to be straight, an o-ring goes in the depression. I think I'd straighten that out with a pair of needle nose pliers and put the proper O-ring in the slot, and re-use. Put some anti sieze on the o-ring and male part.

I found one online that I ordered (still hasn't came yet) but after searching the part # on google it looks like its for '87-'98 cherokees. Didnt know there was a difference between years on the aw4. Called the dealer and they said they can order one for $25.

So does anyone know if the dipstick tubes for '99-'01 are different than the older models?

XJ's with coil packs have different trans dipstick tubes than say a 97. Not sure if there anymore part number breaks.

Back