• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any 2.5 he leaf springs?

spdyracer

NAXJA Forum User
My question is almost two part. I have re springs that have seen better days so would like to replace them. I have also added rough country shackle boxes and gained just over an inch of lift. My current springs are 3.5 and what I would like to do is lower it an inch that I gained. I was looking at old man emu 2.5 springs and they have medium and heavy duty. I think from reading the medium duty would give me the lift I'm wanting but worry they won't be strong enough. I'm worried the hd ones would put me back to where I'm at if not more. I have a jcr rear bumper tire carrier with a spare tire 33". Also have jcr tank skid and center skid so I have some weight added. I would also like to add a cage in the near future. What's the best way to get strong enough springs but get rid of some lift? I have the re shackles and didn't know if going to shorter shackles would be an option but I would worry about them hitting the shackle boxes. Does anyone make a 2.5 hd spring that wouldn't be giving me too much lift.

From what I've read the OME HD leafs give less lift than the mediums. Having said that I believe there's 2 different models of mediums. I just ordered mediums cs033ra.

The cs003ra was what I was looking at and from what I read give about 2.5" of lift after they break in. What I'm worried about is withe the bumper/tire carrier and skids along with a future roll cage it would be too much weight for the medium springs. From what I've read the hd springs give about 4" of lift wich I don't want. Trying to lower the center of gravity a bit.

I think the HD springs are the mediums with an added leaf. If that's the case you could add the extra spring later if the mediums end up too low

Back