• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 to 96 engine brackets

mustang_gt_350

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, before i start to put the alternator, power steering pump and so on back on this project what all can be used from the 99 into the 96?

I have a complete 99 tcase,trans,engine sitting in the 96 now. I have not hooked anything up other than the fuel rail,and starter.( just enough to test fire it) I would like to use as much of the 99 stuff as possible because thats what i have since the 96 i got already had everything removed. I do have the alternator from the 96 and 99, and i beleive the power steering pump from both also. I noticed that the wiring for the alternator wiring is different between the 2. But i also noticed that the 99 alternator mount is different from the 96's, or at least it looks like it may be?

Just looking for some info on what can be used to save me some experimental test fitting time.

Should basically be plug n pray. There are write ups around.

ok. I tried searching a little but didn't have much luck. I did notice that the 2 waterpumps i have, one laying in the parts box that came in the 96 and the one that is still on the block from the 99 has different hights. Meaning distance from block surface to pulley face. I found a post in another forum about swapping the rear of the alternators out so that they are compatible with other years to remove the plug connection. I may just try to bolt in the 96 alternator in the 99's mounts and if that doesnt work i'll put the rear of the alt. off the 99 and swap on the 96's wiring points to it.

Back