• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Formula One 2015 Season

the_midwesterner

NAXJA Forum User
With the opening of the season this weekend at the Austrlian GP, who is watching? Who is rooting for who? Likes/Dislikes?

A couple of my opinions:

-The Mclaren Honda cars look sick!!!!!!!!!!
-Lewis Hamilton is still an A-hole, so that isn't a surprise.
-Red doesn't suit Seb very well, should of stayed with the running bull. Still torn about him being my favorite driver, but Ricciardo is a promising replacement.
-I am seeing some BIG aero package changes for this years cars.
-Alonso already with a concussion?
-Mclaren Manor team in Australia without testing and not being able to turn on the car?

Last edited:
Glad to see im not the only fan.
Vettel is your favorite driver, but Lewis is an ahole? Seb just took his ball and changed teams the minute he got beat by a younger team mate. Crying all the way.
44 all the way.

Last edited:
So it seems that just you and I watch formula one here...

Let me clarify, Vettel was my favorite driver until he swapped to Ferrari. I definitely didn't like his attitude on his way out, but it is what it is. I am very curious as to what the relationship with Kimi will be, since according to the media, they are the best of friends.

The main reason I don't like Hamilton is simply because of his attitude towards the team. If he does well, then it's "horay" team, but if he for whatever reason gets out-driven or makes mistakes then it's his teams fault. I am not saying they haven't screwed him in the pits, but he isn't a role model for respect and taking responsibility for his occasional crappy driving. The silver arrows are still looking good though! At the very minimum, the dislike between Romberg and Hamilton both on and off track just makes for the occasional suspense on the track.

Otherwise, Ricciardo seems to be on point from what I have seen. I am REALLY curious to see how the ferraris do this year.

What a sad race for f1, on pure race car count, especially with all the hurrah from manor / marussia, tweets from them as they left for Melbourne... Wtf?

I normally watch via sky sports, but this weekend i am watching live via nbc. Cool timing !!!!9-30pm to midnight on a Saturday night here on the west coast!

I watch occasionally, but living in the boonies with no TV makes it a little tough. So, I don't keep up with the drivers, but I enjoy watching it when I can. Much better than always turning left.

I did have the chance to dabble, eons ago, in Formula Atlantic, back when there was a Long Beach Grand Prix. Worked with some friends doing shock design for one of the Formula Atlantic cars. Was interesting being in the pits fro the 1st LBGP race.

David Bricker / SYR

The new e-series cars sound better then the f1 cars.

My 2cents

The new e-series cars sound better then the f1 cars.

My 2cents

Think about what your saying. After Melbourne 2014, talk began of megaphone exhausts and other ARTIFICIAL means of amplifying exhaust tones.

I agree, the 80s and 90's engines sounded Amazing, but this isn't the Star Wars ride at Disney land, this is apex level motorsports. If the higher tech engines aren't as loud, but perform better ( and they do, you can quote 2014/15 lap times, but the cars are waaaaaay down on downforce), I don't care that they no longer require custom fitted ear plugs. And 100% honesty, the turbo noise, coupled with actually being able to HEAR lock ups, is far superior.

Noise is wasted energy, what I want to see is this engine formula unleashed aero wise.

The main reason I don't like Hamilton is simply because of his attitude towards the team. If he does well, then it's "horay" team, but if he for whatever reason gets out-driven or makes mistakes then it's his teams fault. I am not saying they haven't screwed him in the pits, but he isn't a role model for respect

Did you see the post race press conference? I'll post a link later, but vettel is just embarrassing himself. Act like you've been there before seb, Renault is your problem, not Mercedes.

Vettel will win races this year, and that sucks. I know MSC is the mans hero, but if this guy was playing high school sports he'd be sitting on the bench for his shitty attitude.

HAM was needlessly on the back foot because of Mercedes, it's all fun and games because nico was #2 in the standings, but imagine that engine fire, that engine misfire , and getting crashed out at spa had cost them the constructors to another team. Then
It wouldn't be so not picky. The way he handled spa, his keeping #44, and his ability to string back to back to back to back victories when needed has solidified my fandom, Lewis is the man.

I watch occasionally, but living in the boonies with no TV makes it a little tough. So, I don't keep up with the drivers, but I enjoy watching it when I can. Much better than always turning left.

I did have the chance to dabble, eons ago, in Formula Atlantic, back when there was a Long Beach Grand Prix. Worked with some friends doing shock design for one of the Formula Atlantic cars. Was interesting being in the pits fro the 1st LBGP race.

David Bricker / SYR

Long Beach still has a Grand Prix event. Haven't been yet but I'm going to try and go this year.

Did you see the post race press conference? I'll post a link later, but vettel is just embarrassing himself. Act like you've been there before seb, Renault is your problem, not Mercedes.

Vettel will win races this year, and that sucks. I know MSC is the mans hero, but if this guy was playing high school sports he'd be sitting on the bench for his shitty attitude.

HAM was needlessly on the back foot because of Mercedes, it's all fun and games because nico was #2 in the standings, but imagine that engine fire, that engine misfire , and getting crashed out at spa had cost them the constructors to another team. Then
It wouldn't be so not picky. The way he handled spa, his keeping #44, and his ability to string back to back to back to back victories when needed has solidified my fandom, Lewis is the man.

I didn't catch the press conference, I am old man at the age of 26 and couldn't stay awake! Yes, I agree that Vettel's attitude has been sub-par, but I liked him during the winning times in his stint at Redbull. Obviously, everyone is going to be happy-go-lucky since they were winning constructors and drivers championships, but he was a very like-able guy. Has his attitude chaned? Yes. This is why I posted that Ricciardo is looking to be a better contender for MY favorite driver. Its hard not to like that guy, seems like a down to earth easy going dude.

Renault is a completely different subject. Life WTF? Really?!!

Now my dislike for Hamilton doesn't come from his days in Mercedes. If anything, his attitude has been leaps and bounds better than when he was with Mclaren, but maybe that is the reason for the team change. I disliked him during the Mclaren days when they were struggling to put races together. I cannot disagree that the silver arrows have been dominant, and if anything, more biased towards Nico since all of Hamilton's pit stops seem to be junk compared to his. I do agree that regardless of his attitude or views and such, the dude can put a well setup car in 1st place at the finish line. I am still impressed that considering he did have more failures than Nico, he was able to take the championship.

Long Beach still has a Grand Prix event. Haven't been yet but I'm going to try and go this year.

Were talking f1, not Indy car/CART ;)
In my college days I worked security at the long beach convention center, and the LBGP was the highlight of that job! I hope to make it to the formula E race there, it's just a Shame it's such a shitty formula...

I used to watch F1 when I was a kid, my neighbor had "satellite" tv when that meant there was a huge dish in their backyard. When my favorite driver at the time died, I stopped watching. I started watching again about 8 years ago, but last year I stopped again, this time under happier circumstances, my Son takes up all of my former "race watching" time.

I really loved the way Alonso could get so much more out of a car than anyone thought was possible.

I respected Hamilton's ability and forgave him his occasional shitty attitude.

I really enjoyed the return to the podium of Williams, I hope they continue to do better. Its nice to see that Massa is still racing, and Bottas looks really good.

Ricciardo, who can't like this guy, not only is he good, he is always smiling.

I love Raikkonen's "don't give a f..." attitude as much as I love Riccardo's happy, easy going nature. It's good to have variety, in cars as well as drivers.

Vettel, was my new favorite driver until he won his second Championship. I have to root for an underdog for some reason.

Back