• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

full width dana 60 front and rear swap help and tips

sullivanfam

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I went to the trail and exploded my rear been thinking about doing the d60 swap for awhile but that time has came to I'm going to do it now and I was wondering if anyone has done this swap and steps to get threw it I am getting the dana front and rear from a ford super duty

Read . Research. This is not a quick one line answer to a thread like this, you need to understand it.

Plenty of threads out there . Its been done countless times on NAXJA and Piraet4x4 and documented page by page on countless threads. Just read and read. When you get to a very specific question, then post, something like, will a SRW 14b with dually hubs allow the calipers to clear leaves or will I have to link the rear ? something like that.

obviously plate the frame Mid and Front, and inner box area.

Consider Booster and Master upgrades for the bigger brakes.

1 tons are heavy so you will need to beef up the rear leaf mounts and use quality front suspension components.

Other than that, its up to you to choose. 3 link the front, keep leaves in the rear. Depending on the 60 front you choose you might need coilovers . There are so many variables its silly.

Final tire size, budget, ability to fab, etc

No need for coilovers, even with a superduty front end like he said. You can still easily mount coil buckets. I'm not a fan of rear 60's, I'm a 14b fanboy.

Read . Research. This is not a quick one line answer to a thread like this, you need to understand it.

Plenty of threads out there . Its been done countless times on NAXJA and Piraet4x4 and documented page by page on countless threads. Just read and read. When you get to a very specific question, then post, something like, will a SRW 14b with dually hubs allow the calipers to clear leaves or will I have to link the rear ? something like that.

obviously plate the frame Mid and Front, and inner box area.

Consider Booster and Master upgrades for the bigger brakes.

1 tons are heavy so you will need to beef up the rear leaf mounts and use quality front suspension components.

Other than that, its up to you to choose. 3 link the front, keep leaves in the rear. Depending on the 60 front you choose you might need coilovers . There are so many variables its silly.

Final tire size, budget, ability to fab, etc

Inner box area ????????

Inner box area ????????

Inner steering box area yes. I have mine plated in .120 wall.

steering and one tons are a whole new ball game. You will need a better box and pump - possibly. I pretty much has to bump it up to a big bore PSC 4 bolt box and pump to be able to turn locked 37s in the rocks...

might need hydro too. might not. it snow balls..

Inner steering box area yes. I have mine plated in .120 wall.

steering and one tons are a whole new ball game. You will need a better box and pump - possibly. I pretty much has to bump it up to a big bore PSC 4 bolt box and pump to be able to turn locked 37s in the rocks...

might need hydro too. might not. it snow balls..

gotcha...knew about the steering area needing plate, but thought you were talking about some other area of the frame

Back