• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.4litre to AW4 Conversion help

Joah_from_Alberta

NAXJA Forum User
Hasta I have a 3.4 ltre in my 1984 XJ and want to install an AW4. I can't find a bellhousing. (Actually that's not entirely tru, I found a new 2004 Isuzu Rodeo bellhousing for $625 + shipping). Does anyone know of anyone who might have a used bellhousing ... or is this pursuit simply hopeless.

Cheers,

Other than OD, is there a reason you specifically want an AW4? 700R4 should be plug n pray with the 3.4L

Guessing it's a gm "upgrade/replacement" for the 2.8l that would have originally been in their heep.

700r4 has a better overdrive than the aw4 so I would assume that's not the reason. Though if you've only got 3.4l maybe you're looking for less overdrive in which case the aw4 is better

Finding the bellhousing is pretty hard. One of the guys in the local Jeep club is running a 3.8 Buick supercharged connected to an AW4 using the Rodeo bellhousing.

Quite hard to locate the bellhousing, though.

Back