• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

iro long arm and dana 60/44

bmxdude151

NAXJA Forum User
Well I am planning on purchasing a long arm for my jeep. Im pretty set on the iro long arm set up but the rough country is still in the back of my head. I am also planning on doing a dana 60 or 44 front axle in the future. Does anyone think the iro "iron y" would have any clearance issues with the diff of a dana 60 or 44. Does anyone have any input on this?

the IRO "LA" will not work with a d44 or d60 with out cutting and rewelding, on top of it the caster thing and 10mm bolt will not handle the weight of a d44 or d60. if your planning on a d44 or d60 upgrade start looking at a lot better options then IRO or RC

If you have the skill to install a 44 or 60 in the front you probably have the skill to fab up something better than what IRO and RC offer. Not to mention with the added size and different dimensions of a 44/60 vs a 30 it may be beneficial to design links around the axle than design the axle around the links.

Literally just had this same question/thread like 2 weeks ago.

If your serious about a 44/60 why do you want one of the worst suspensions out there? The RC may work, but the IRO stuff will not (without re-designing it, which is pointless)

Why not look at say claytons 3 link, which could easily be adapted to a different axle, or just make your own?

I plan on buying claytons 3link crossmember and making my own links, easy peasy (mostly because I think square tube belongs on toyotas :D)

Well as of right now my jeep is my daily. Im just looking for a bolt in upgrade that could easily be modified later on. Im going to run the stock axles for now and next winter work on a front axle swap. I like the simplicity of the radius arms. I just know the iro "iron y" is a fixed link with no way to adjust it. Now the RC LA could be a good base to work off of. Am I wrong with any of this thinking?

I plan on buying claytons 3link crossmember and making my own links, easy peasy (mostly because I think square tube belongs on toyotas :D)
Nothing wrong with square tube links, its cheap and stronger the round tube of same size. Heck I'm using it for my tie rod cause I kept bending round stuff.

Well as of right now my jeep is my daily. Im just looking for a bolt in upgrade that could easily be modified later on. Im going to run the stock axles for now and next winter work on a front axle swap. I like the simplicity of the radius arms. I just know the iro "iron y" is a fixed link with no way to adjust it. Now the RC LA could be a good base to work off of. Am I wrong with any of this thinking?
Do it right, do it once. Get something better like the Clayton 3link

Most people end up wanting to replace RCs flex joints, but there are just one or two good joints out there with dimensions that match, and I think they're pretty spendy. You'll probly be spending several hundred $ within a year or so, so why not just get a better product from the start?

This doesn't make sense. You want to go a 44/60 but you want the most craptastic long arm setups out there?...

Does not compute.

Stay away from the IRO long arm kit - stay away. I wouldnt run it if it was free, even if they paid me....

Rough country - Id run it if it was free, wouldnt pay money for it- but the mods you would end up doing to run the radius arm kit to work you might as well go 3 link

The guys are right, if you have the fab skills to slap a 44/60 under it, you can do your link kit. Unless you are buying bolt in currie axles or something.

I would say go clayton 3 link or build your own X member, or a ruffstuff 3 link kit and weld to the frame.

I am assuming you already plated the frame rails Mid and front at least.

If you already had an IRO radius arm kit, And wanted to upgrade axles, I'd tell you to cut the driverside upper arm off and make a 3 link..

but the fact you want to purposely set yourself up for more work to "Try" and save a buck, tells me you dont have much experience in this subject..

With all do respect.. you're on the wrong path

Back