• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

First Post

Laneinator

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I didn't see an new member introduction section on the forum so I suppose I'll sick it in my region. Sorry if that offends anyone.

So I'm going to just come out and say it.. I've never owned a Jeep before this one. Ive actually never owned a 4x4 before this. As a matter of fact I've never owned anything besides a lowered car for the last 12 years! (I can sense the cringing already). Ive been driving and racing 'classic' BMWs with my pops for quite some time now, but its time for a new kind of fun.

I picked up this 99 XJ about 4 months ago, it's a 4.0 automatic, manual everything (besides trans), and it is completely stock at the moment. I told myself I wouldn't lift it but that seemed to be causing a chemical unbalance in my brain. I cant seem to leave any vehicle alone.

I'll probably end up with a 3'' lift and 31's in the future, hopefully a rear tire carrier too.

I've met one member on here already, however, I cannot remember his name. He was the one who actually told me to sign up on here. (If you sold a young guy a rear grey bench seat out of a '00 last month I'm talking about you).

Anyway, It's picture time!

Anza Borrego trip

My other ride for good measure.

Lets just say I'm a fan of the straight six!

Thanks for reading,

Adam

Welcome! I'm up in the AV always looking for people to wheel with. If you have the tuner bug then your Jeep will drain you quick lol. I was a big fan of imports before my Jeep. Good looking vehicles you got too. The general populous goes 33" tires, 3-6" of lift from my research. Go big at first, you'll thank me later. I went 33" tires and a 6.5" lift. Now I want 35" tires and have lockers, gears, and shafts coming. Its never ending! Again, welcome to the forum from a NAXJA lurker.

Hardcore!

Welcome, I'm new to this as well, there's some really good people on here brother! I have met 4 so far, all helpful even if I was a stranger, I hope to be as helpful as they are soon, and yes I wanted a 3.5" lift at first, somehow I was convinced to do a 5.5" lift...After you wheels it you will not regret at least 4.5"+ of lift

welcome, I too have a late model 4 door with no factory roof rack. I've only ever seen one other one besides mine.

see you in the dirt!

1529804_10204438166307881_6691756055989204261_o.jpg

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to doing a few things and getting out to some events. I'm still in school so it may be a little while.

Is there a story of the carb on the I6?

It was once a fuel injected m20 out of an e30 but my pops refuses to conform to modern ideas. That engine is for an e21 track car we have, it's just about ready to get back to racing.

I wanted a 3.5" lift at first, somehow I was convinced to do a 5.5" lift...After you wheels it you will not regret at least 4.5"+ of lift

I'm probably going to be the same way, I just need more time for the idea to mature in my brain. I may end up with the RE 3.5 which is more like a 4.5 anyway.

welcome, I too have a late model 4 door with no factory roof rack. I've only ever seen one other one besides mine.

see you in the dirt!

That thing is sweet! Love the graphics on the side. Old School.

Welcome!

What part of San Diego? There are meet-and-greets each month, one in north county (Vista) and one in central (Kearny Mesa). There will also be a get together on Fiesta Island during the summer (August I think). And there is SoCalFest the 1st weekend in May up in Big Bear. The SoCal chapter is an active one. It's a good thing.

Welcome!

What part of San Diego? There are meet-and-greets each month, one in north county (Vista) and one in central (Kearny Mesa). There will also be a get together on Fiesta Island during the summer (August I think). And there is SoCalFest the 1st weekend in May up in Big Bear. The SoCal chapter is an active one. It's a good thing.

I'm down south in the Chula Vista area. Hopefully I can make it to the Kearny Mesa meets. I work at a machine shop up there.

Back