• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Injector upgrade

Ronniexj

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to upgrade the injectors on my XJ, I've been getting pretty poor mileage since I bought it and haven't seen any changes with all the parts I've replaced. (14-15mpg town and highway).

Who's still selling cleaned, rebuilt & tested injectors? I see some old threads on precision but also a few negative comments with them.

Thanks

97 XJ, 4.0, 231, 31s, 3.55s, 148k
Mopar IAC/TPS
Full tune up, MSD coil
HO intake manifold, mild gasket matched head & intake
Flex joint exh manifold, walker downpipe (slight leak) :mad:
NTK upstream O2, rear O2 delete, 2.5 straight pipe/thrush muffler

I got mine from presisionautoinjectors.com or find them on ebay also. Injectors may not help your mileage. Remember if it is lifted or has bigger tires it will reduce fuel milage.my 97 only got 15 on the hiway. My 96 got 16 .that's hiway.

Not sure what specific tires you are running, but 31's and stock gears is your main problem. I hated driving my heep on the highway or hills with 31's and stock gears.

Tires are 31x10.5 duratracs on Canyons. I don't feel it's lacking much power till big hill climbs honestly but I can't wait to do 4.10s or 4.56s.

I thought it was common to get 16+ on 31s which is why I ask.

Every rig is different, every driver is different, terrain is different, iat's, exhaust leaks, all kinds of things change your results. Hell the station and octane can greatly change mileage numbers.

I agree gears are your main issue....

But in all honesty sounds about right to me

Back