• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bald Mountain Clean Up - May 2nd, 2015

nightfoam

NAXJA Forum User
When: Saturday May 2nd, 2015
Where: Sheridan Peak State Park on Bald Mountain
Time: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Provided: Gloves, garbage bags, dumpsters, BBQ lunch and water

I know it isn't an area many of you visit and isn't technically a wheeling area, though there is some atv/dirtbike trails in the area but it's one of my favorite areas to go wander around. The Bald Mountain area northwest of McMinnville is on the edge of the Nestucca River scenic byway and is often used as illegal wheeling grounds, the old "high heaven" is in this area. My friend's brother is the volunteer sheriff deputy in the area and is organizing this event and hopes that wheeling groups can come out and put on a good face for the community. I've included the press release from the Yamhill County Sheriff's Office and have the organizer's email address if anybody has any questions.

"The Yamhill County Sheriff's Office will be joining forces with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and other local organizations to clean up the Bald Mountain area in rural Sheridan, Oregon on May 2nd, 2015."

"This planned event will concentrate not only on the Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) area on Bald Mountain but will also focus on the remainder of the mountain in areas such as Baker Creek, Peavine, Meadow Lake, White Road, Willamina Creek, Coast Creek, Wanless Road and all points in between."

"Our Office and BLM are dedicated to keeping our local natural resources pristine and accessible to the public." said Sheriff Tim Svenson. "We have noticed a substantial increase in the amount of household garbage being illegally dumped, combined with irresponsible target shooters who leave debris behind." Recently acquired trail cameras are being deployed in problem areas in an effort to hold offenders responsible."

"Many local businesses and organizations are stepping forward and are donating equipment and resources to help this event become a success."

"The event is open to the public and people are encouraged to come and help in the effort."

"When: Saturday May 2nd, 2015
Where: Sheridan Peak State Park on Bald Mountain
Time: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Provided: Gloves, garbage bags, dumpsters, BBQ lunch and water"

"Directions:

From Carlton: West on Main St. Main will turn into Meadow Lake Rd, Meadow Lake turns into Nestucca Access. Follow route approximately 19 miles, turn on Bald Mountain Road. Follow Bald Mountain to Sheridan Peak, approximately 5 miles.

From Willamina: Follow Willamina Creek to Coast Creek, Coast Creek to Gilbert Creek Road. Gilbert Creek will turn into Bald Mountain. Follow Bald Mountain approximately 9 miles.

From Beaver/Hwy 101: Follow Blaine Road approximately 15 miles, left on Bible Creek approximately 5 miles, left on Bald Mountain approximately 9 miles."

Back