• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

found dog in Johnson Valley

Hellbent

NAXJA Forum User
I was out wheeling/exploring in JV with a friend for the past few days. On the way out, we found a lost shepard mix looking dog just running down the trail in the middle of nowhere. we never saw any other people or vehicles the whole time we were out.
I wanted to post this here in the hope someone somewhere knows this girl.
"found female Shepard/husky mix(?) in the Johnson Valley ohv area on camp rock rd.
has a pink, blue, white, brown, etc. southwestern looking collar. shy and very sweet. in good shape, but a little thin, very hungry and thirsty. she's probably been out here for a while.
edit: she's a she, approximately 2 yrs old, no tags and not microchipped. ��
she was left with abc animal clinic @ 1238 e. main st ph. 760-256-3330 in barstow."

https://flic.kr/p/qwM2uV

can't get this flickr pic link crap to work.....sorry for the click link.

Last edited:
A few to three weeks or so back there was an issue on highway 38 before the area called South Fork. It is located on 38 in the San Berdo mountains. I do not know if this is the dog or even if it made it that far, but there was a domestic violence incident in that area. Sheriff CHP responded to a vehicle parked in the Big Bear bound lane fighting with a woman. The guy was Tazzed and arrested for hitting a woman then she was tazzed after she was protecting the guy. The dog attempted to protect both and was tazzed and ran off into the woods. Last week before the storms a large number of a Search and Rescue organization was camped out looking for the dog! I will look into the description of the dog and see if your pic matches the description of the dog! If it matches I will repost with the information here if not I will not repost

thank you. we're trying anything we can.
in the event that her owner can't be located, and she can't find a good home, i will be adopting her.
it's hard to say how long she was out there, but she was extremely hungry and thirsty. she got tired of us following her and finally laid down in the shade under the Jeep for about an hour.

I found out it was a Pitbull mix! Probably why they were so adamant on trying to find it! I am sure it's safety and the publics was their persistence in multiple days of the search! Any way sorry I do not have a resolution for you!

dog has been reunited with her owner. she saw one of the online ads somewhere, and contacted the animal clinic that was holding her.
I was told that she was freaking out and jumping for joy when she arrived to pick her up.:party:

Back