• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

130 -150 amp alternator

kippo1

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know of a higher amp alternator that will work on a 98 xj ?

Been googling and searching on here but not much luck.

Zj/Durango 136A HO alt., practically plug n pray.

Thinking about going with rps 200 amp alternator with the off-road upgrade. It's a straight bolt in. Just not sure yet

When i bought a replacement alt from napa a few years a go they had an option for a 140 amp. I bought it and ran it up until i swapped motors. worked great.

Does Bosch part number Al6510x cross to denso part number 210-0147. From what I can find the do. The denso part number is for a 200 amp I found and the Bosch number is a factory replacement for the 90 amp factory alternator. So if this is correct that 200 amp should work right.

Look on rockauto and do part number search. They look like they have similar housing and terminal block (even the power output terminal is clocked the same), but who knows for sure. They show different cars for interchange so probably something different.

Googling for part numbers, both of them appear to be 120 amp

Back