• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Strange rough idle issue

patp05

NAXJA Forum User
2001 Cherokee Sport

I picked it up about 6 months ago with a rough idle so I did some research before posting and replaced plugs, coil pack, tps, iac, checked flex plate for loose bolts, cleaned the throttle body and replaced an o2 for CEL P0155 (I believe it was bank 2 sensor 1) and it is still running a bit rough on idle.

Today I went to spray the other o2s with PB blaster (California emission system) and it is now running rougher and has a slight misfire also there is a bit of smoke which im guessing is the pb blaster burning off. I'm wondering how it could have randomly gotten worse after spraying PB blaster. Is it possible the CPS connector got hit by the spray and is causing the slight miss? I'm a bit confused but perhaps this can lead me closer to the idle issue.

I apologize for how this is worded I just wanted to write it quick before I head out. I also appreciate any help, thanks.

Quick edit: Also it is not the dreaded head issue it seems to have had the head replaced by the tupy casting under the oil cap (if i read correctly) and I replaced all cooling parts when I picked it up as well so no overheating.

Last edited:
Back