• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JK rubicon wheels on an XJ

Lake919

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, so I found a set of 5 2014 rubicon wheels for 150 bucks. I bought them with hopes of putting them on my XJ. My question is, with them being 17's will they fit on a stock XJ? I know I will have to buy adapters.

The wheels will fit with the correct adapters for the BC. Tires clearance are another story depending on the size and the amount of lift that you have.

I just was on ebay recently, YOu can get a set of hubcentric wheel adapters (5x4.5 to 5x5) for about 100$.
Depending on your lift (or stock height) will depend on the tire size you can run. Seems that AT 17" rim size tires seem to be a decent price vs 16's or even 15's.

Thanks for the heads up. The cheapest I had found was 100 bucks for 2 adapters. I am going to run general grabbers I am pretty sure.

I've had jk moans for about 2 years now/50k miles no problems whatsoever. For tire sizes, we need to know your lift height (or lack thereof). The CHEAPEST tires would be the BFG KM's that come off of the jk's, and they're a close nick to an actual 32" tire at 255/75r17. So you'll need some decent lift or trimming to make the fit. On a stock xj, you're going to be looking for a much smaller tire. One of the most abundant and cheaper sizes for light trucks is 265/70r17. Just over 31" and plenty of tire choices.

Did I mention I'm jealous, I've been looking for the same rims to change out my CL Hellcats.

Back