• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Low coolant

Joshpowell16

NAXJA Forum User
Okay Jeeples. I need some help. My 94 XJ Sport with 96k keeps getting low in coolant. 2,000 miles ago I did the water pump and I bled the system till it was full. Never had s problem. But since then I've had to add more coolant. Well I just drive 450 miles to northern Wisconsin and my heat kinda quit. But my temp was good. I mean it was -15°F.

So I went to napa to get a thermostat thinking it was going. Doesn't look to have ever been changed I figured best place to start. Well I left the jeep running and when I came outside I looked at the gauge and she was hot. As soon as I backed up it started going down. I got into the road and it dropped all the way below normal like it was still warming up. Out of curiosity I checked coolant. Well she took a gallon. Heats working better but still cool at idle, so I still think I need a thermostat. But when I did the water pump, I did a pressure test on the coolant system. It held pressure for 30 minutes so we called it good.

My question is...where the **** is my coolant going? There's no leaks. My exhaust is white and puffy, but its below zero, most are. I just changed the oil and other than dirty, it looked normal. I did have some nice pudding looking shit on my air filter under that hose that goes into the side.

Sorry for rambling, just irritated. I literally put a tcase, full tuneup, and a gas tank in it 2 days ago. Always a problem with this thing.

e1af14ffafa4c006107106145d389d9d.jpg

Here's the pudding like substance I had.

Back