• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with Cam

Thumpinghard25

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 98 XJ 4.0 that I currently have the motor out. While cleaning and inspecting the Cam I noticed some pitting on the #2 cyclinder exhaust lobe. I am looking for a replacement that will work without problems with the ECM. The jeep is stock. Can anyone recommend a cam or a place to buy?

The ECM does not care about what cam you run.

The stock valve springs however won't take much of an upgrade. I checked all of the usual cam's I would recommend and they all require an aftermarket valvetrain. There are a couple of other guys here who may have a cheaper suggestion for you.

Stock replacement cam and lifters will run you about $140.00

For about $50.00 more a good upgrade would be a Comp Cams 68-232-4
I've used this cam with stock springs with no issues.

PM me if you need either cam or lifters.

Russ

Thanks for the reply's. Russ I just missed your post. I already have a comp cam and lifters on its way from summit. I couldn't find a stock cam anywhere. The comp cam is actually pretty cheap but like mentioned it's the valve springs and retainers that will get you.

Last edited:
Back