• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trailering

XJRN

NAXJA Forum User
I want to come but need to find a trailer. Anyone have experience renting a trailer or dolly? Jeep is pretty wide with full widths and 3.5 backspace. Suggestions?

When family first started offroading we would rent at U haul. Prices werent tok shabby and lighter than construction trailers

I have heard that if you rent the trailer at one location and return it to another one close by, you will get a better rate.
It is like a one way rental instead of a round trip.

Brennen brought his jeep down on a U-Haul trailer last year with full widths. I could not believe it fit but it did.

I have rented a U-Haul Auto Transport several years for Winterfest, probably will again this year. It's $55 a day as long as you return it to the location where you picked it up. I have brought an XJ with 35"s on 10" wide wheels and it just barely fit. You have to use your own ratchet straps if you have tires bigger than 30" in diameter.

I have rented a U-Haul Auto Transport several years for Winterfest, probably will again this year. It's $55 a day as long as you return it to the location where you picked it up. I have brought an XJ with 35"s on 10" wide wheels and it just barely fit. You have to use your own ratchet straps if you have tires bigger than 30" in diameter.

I think I found a trailer to borrow from a friend. Just need to check width and get a spare for it. I am on 37s and full width so afraid Uhaul won't work.

I think I found a trailer to borrow from a friend. Just need to check width and get a spare for it. I am on 37s and full width so afraid Uhaul won't work.

The silver ones do. I'm 80" wide. There's some flex in the fender flares ;)

What's the general consensus on trailering? I am only about an hour and 10 minutes or so away and initially had every intention on driving like I have every other time I've wheeled.. I have a truck and trailer access, would you haul it up for good measure or take a chance and drive it? I don't plan on doing anythinng its not capable of but I definitely want to push its limits.. I'd just rather not bother with having to load/unload etc. really.

What's the general consensus on trailering? I am only about an hour and 10 minutes or so away and initially had every intention on driving like I have every other time I've wheeled.. I have a truck and trailer access, would you haul it up for good measure or take a chance and drive it? I don't plan on doing anythinng its not capable of but I definitely want to push its limits.. I'd just rather not bother with having to load/unload etc. really.

I'd trailer it even 30 minutes if I had a trailer still. No point in driving it and breaking it and wishing you had the trailer there.

GoSlowGetStuck is a half hour away and he tows his rig.

You can wheel harder, worry less and if you do break, the only thing you have to worry about is getting it back to the trailer.

Back