• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dilemma on shocks

clean4drxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have 96 Xj aw4, 231 sye, hp44/9" with 5.13's fill case lockers and chromo shafts ect ect. I'm running TNT longarms(full stiffereners) 4.5 pre transamerica RE springs with 3/4 isolaters, 4.5 clayton leafs with JKS boomerangs. Anyway I'm redoing my shocks setup, plan on going 14's infront (through the inner wells) and shockhoops in back. My current shocks are 12 short bodied bilstein 7100's and foa 10" remote resivor shocks. I've been looking to get rid of the foa's for some cash and I got offered a trade for a set of fox none resivor shocks(from a bds 1500 chevy lift possibly), anyway. Is it worth it for my to trade or should I stick with the highest lowball offer and save to buy a set of 14" travel short body bilstein 7100?, second part is would you run the longer of the 2 shocks in the front or rear, what is most beneficial ?..
Thanks!

Best way to figure out the shock length you need is to flex/stuff and take measurements. And figure out what you need from there. Also need use limit straps and bump stop correct to keep from damaging your shocks. I would think that in theory you have about 12" of usable travel, without seeing your setup or measurements.

Back