• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbie to jeeps

BucklenutZ

NAXJA Forum User
I just purchased a 2000 Cherokee classic and have been looking for the O ring set for the oil filter adapter, what I have found are two different kits. One "O" or the three "O" rings. I also found out that there are three different sizes for my sway and stabilizer bars ??? Intersting, haha All I have to do is mic the bars for their size but as far as the "O" rings I am a bit confused at which to buy, any advice?

By the way, NAXJA forum has by far the best knowledge base I have found, I was able to fix several things with out asking anyu questions, I love it!!!!

thanks duane

You want the 3 o ring kit if you want to do the repair right

Agreed. Also the torx bolt that holds the adapter on is quite the bear to remove. You will need some ingenuity to get it broke loose.

Agreed. Also the torx bolt that holds the adapter on is quite the bear to remove. You will need some ingenuity to get it broke loose.

best thing I've found to do for that is buy the correct torx bit (I think its a 55 but don't quote me on that, its well covered here)

get a bfh, pound the bit out of the socket end. Take the bit, put it in a box end wrench (9/16 I think is what I used, and cut the other end off it. Duct tape the bit in the wrench, put it on the bolt with the wrench going straight up, and use a pipe or high lift handle over that cut off wrench end for leverage.

Groovy!

best thing I've found to do for that is buy the correct torx bit (I think its a 55 but don't quote me on that, its well covered here)

get a bfh, pound the bit out of the socket end. Take the bit, put it in a box end wrench (9/16 I think is what I used, and cut the other end off it. Duct tape the bit in the wrench, put it on the bolt with the wrench going straight up, and use a pipe or high lift handle over that cut off wrench end for leverage.

That's exacty what I did..lol and yes you want all 3 rings changed at the same time...

I never bothered to pound the socket off of the bit. I did use the same principal though.

Back