• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 60 drive shaft u joint

XJRN

NAXJA Forum User
I have a rear 60 and using stock front drive shafts. I like the flexibility of the stock front shaft as spares can be used on either end. Currently I am using a conversion u joint. Thinking about changing the yoke over to a 1310 yoke to keep u joint more standard. Thoughts? Does the late 70s ford 60 use a crush washer. Can I just remove and replace the yoke?

you should beable to to just swap the yoke, a brand new spicer yoke aint that much, ive been running 1310's with my 60's for 3 years without issue

Any suggestions where to get yoke quickly? Trying to get ready for winterfest.

find a local spicer dealer, or find one online, I have the ubolt yoke

Your local carquest/AAP should carry Spicer parts. If they do not have the yoke, they should be able to order it from the "local" warehouse.

I have the same conversion u-joint in my front drive shaft. I carry 2 spares.

I've broken 2 300M D60 axle u-joints, and the parts store neapco u-joint in the driveshaft is fine.

You can either carry a spare 1310, and buy a new yoke, or just pick up a spare conversion joint. Most parts stores stock them, so its not all that odd ball.

Ordered a spicer 1310 yoke with u bolts and pinion seal. Hopefully it is straight forward.

Back