• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear CV DS length

kenmando

NAXJA Forum User
Budgeting to do a JB sye install. Want to get an idea of what the CV DS will cost. Am checking local first and need to know what the approximate length will be ('99 xj, 3.5 " lift, auto tranny). I know everyone is different, but just need an approximation for a quote. Any specifications you'd recommend?

Just had Tom Woods make up a new rear driveline. My jeep is set up differently than yours, But they run about $400. Tube is cheap, its the other stuff that costs money.

If you become a paid member of NAXJA, you are eligible for a $50 Gift cert to TW, so thats a no brainer

Lots of XJ owners with 3-5 inches of lift and AW-4/231 use a stock XJ front driveshaft with their Advance Adapter type HD SYE. Any drive line shop can shorten on lengthen an XJ front drive shaft for SYE use for about $75-125.

usually around 90$-100$ to lengthen a DS around here , about 60$ for balance and 1$ per inch of DOM. I have used front shafts in the rear and once had one lengthened 1" for about 100$- you might be better off just using a stock DS with a good CV ball/joint and swap out the U joints if they are bad.

DS's around here in CA are about 44$ at PNP

Back