• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Metal yard near Gresham?

spinaldex

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for a metal yard around here so I can pickup some scraps to weld on. I haven't welded in a long time and want to play around with the two welders I have sitting in my garage. When I built my last Toyota and lived in Woodburn I use to go to a decent size one out in Canby, but that's really out of the way now.

Eastside steel is off 138th and Powell I believe. Or about that area
Or if you get up to the shop I can give you some.

Clackamas, off 212.
If your heading west on 212 just before you get to 205, turn left at the light there at the shell station. It's like the 2nd driveway on the left, right next to the heavy equipment place

Yea, cheap scraps weighed by the lb is what I'm looking for. Go through a few spools of flux core and a pack of sticks and get the hang of things again. Thanks for all the advice guys!

I can supply you with all you need for free. I work for a fab shop and can take all the scrap I want. It's going to be all different sizes and no rust. It's over run from some farm equipment were building right now. In fact I have a crap load of stuff here at my house now.

Last edited:
I can supply you with all you need for free. I work for a fab shop and can take all the scrap I want. It's going to be all different sizes and no rust. It's over run from some farm equipment were building right now. In fact I have a crap load of stuff here at my house now.

Dave, thats great! I'll take you up on that. Maybe I can meet up with you after work or on the weekend to grab some stuff. Thanks!

This is part of what I have at home. We can dump the box on the floor and you can take what you want.

f85e9873840e191b44806403d220cde2.jpg

Dave, sorry I couldn't make it yesterday. I felt like crap. I'll hook up with you later this week if you are around. I'm booked tonight, and tomorrow I have to drive to Springfield to pickup my new long arms for the axle swap, but maybe Thursday or this weekend. Any/All of that junk's great for me and I can toss that right in the back of my wife's WJ. Thanks!

Back