• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

motor swap wiring problems

jamescollins

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 89 cherokee that someone swapped a 95 motor into. They switched the wiring harness completly and put the 95 computer in it. Im having a problem with what im thinking is the asd. I turn the key on and my volt gauge comes up but nothing else does I have power to hvac and what not but no ignition coil power starter or fuel pump. Checked the contacts on where the relay goes and all are getting 12v except for one thats only getting 10. I cant figure out what the hecks up with it. Is there a module that might be missing? I was going to hot wire the coil pump and starter but idk about injectors and id rather do it right.

Did it run and drive when you bought it or did you buy this not complete? do you have power at the fuses for these things? youre basically going to have to start at the connectors and work your way back until you find voltage. odds are you'll find the issue. the wiring diagrams will break down what wires go into what connectors. usually that speeds everything up.

as far as the fuel pump goes there is a grey and a black connector in the drivers right kick panel. one of those connectors is the feed for the fuel pump but I cant remember which it is

Back