• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whos Going to Operation Desert Fun 10-17 thru 19?

rpili2001

NAXJA Forum User
Our club is leading Pinyon Mountain Trail - Jeep Squeeze, Heat attack hill and El Diablo Pablo Cabo Drop off.

I'm helping out so it would be great if 20 XJ's got on the run.

Look for info on the web.

Dan,

Ocotillo Wells. Maybe the SOCALXJ NAXJA BOD can get involved and setup a table or put up a banner or just buy me some cold drinks after the runs.

I'll be there all week long. Camped at Holmes camp with the wife and kid. Hoping to have a get together on Friday night at the camp. Will provide the cold brew!
This is a must do kinda event. The raffle alone is worth a trip from OC!
Thinking of also bringing the buggie.....less dust and no lines!
(I supose I could roll up the windows on the XJ and turn on the air!)
I will be easy to spot.......white XJ and a giant Pace Arrow motor home parked on the right (if i can get the spot) just as you enter Holmes camp.
Looking forward to it!!
Rick

We'll look into this Ray, you wouldn't happen to know of a website with some more information on the event offhand, would you? I am not sure if I will be able to make it there (it being the weekend just after Moab and all), but we'll certinaly try to have some sort of a presence there!

Sequoia

Holmes Camp is located about four miles past main st. As you pass the airport and continue up the hill you will travel about another mile and reach the dirt road to the left. This is the first dirt road past the 'top' of the hill. I will look up the name of the road and let you all know....wait a moment.....I'll check right now....can't find my map. It is probably Holmes camp road!! I'll let you all know....
Rick

Okay boyz.....its next week and I hope some of you are planning on heading on out. I won't be there until Friday afternoon...got a volleyball game to attend.....
BTW the road is called Holmes camp road.....
Cold Corona anyone? :D

I'll be there Friday night. I'll try to find you Rick after registration/safety etc might be about 9 pm.

I have a Red Jeep (with duct tape holding the hatch on).

Back