• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Super Duper Non-Pooper Ujoints

WI88XJ

NAXJA Forum User
So,
Back in '09 I bought a couple of Bobby Longs Super 300m solid ujoints for my D44 front axle
IMG_2071.jpg

Stupid strong joints loaded in Warn alloy shafts. This held up to moderately hard wheeling with 35" Big Horns for years. Well until Memorial weekend 2014 at Dresser WI. Whilst waiting for the main obstacle to be clear I decided to go thru the rock garden. Long story short I came down hard and under power on the left from wheel. It was also turned so this was the ensuing destruction
630_zps6c7ea9e5.jpg

629_zps6653b8e9.jpg

627_zps50efd2c1.jpg

I'm trying to find the paperwork for the warn shaft but the only damage
the the joint is the two caps. You can see in the pic the caps are shot.

Since Bobby died the company was sold and they discontinued the solid joint with no bearings or bushings to a drilled body and bushings.

All I want is two new caps and the joint is ready to go on another shaft.
The only other solid 300m joint is from Nitro from what I can tell.

Any other options? Anyone here:?

Crappy pic but the joint is good. That's dirt and grease on the trunions. No galling or anything. It sucks I have to buy a whole new joint when all I need are two caps

628_zps1c699181.jpg

In theory CTM or other company may have what you need, but would need to confirm inner/outer measurements for the cap.

CTM could build you a pair of caps if you can get them exact measurements.

Might be cheaper to just buy a CTM joint, but its worth calling and asking. CTM Jack is a pretty helpful guy when you're nice on the phone.

I've warrantied a D60 Longfield U-joint through Trail Gear (who bought Longfield) about a year and a half ago. No problem. Mailed them the broken one, they sent me a new one. I also didn't have a receipt - just a broken joint.

You might give them a call. They may have caps available for purchase, or might just send them to you.

As for the WARN shaft, you're probably out of luck on that.

Remember that its KOH week, so they might not get back to you right away. :chef:

Jeeze,
Sorry guys. Old brain on overload and whatnot...

I like the suggestions but I believe XJRanger has the route I'll go. I still have the receipt for the joints. They may even have some caps lying around, who knows.

I never thought about KOH. Crap. I guess I'll have to order a shaft from someone else for a spare. Its the inner drivers side only and the joint.

Thanks

Jeeze,
Sorry guys. Old brain on overload and whatnot...

I like the suggestions but I believe XJRanger has the route I'll go. I still have the receipt for the joints. They may even have some caps lying around, who knows.

I never thought about KOH. Crap. I guess I'll have to order a shaft from someone else for a spare. Its the inner drivers side only and the joint.

Thanks

Randys ring pinion bought Warn drivetrain some years ago. They were warranting warn items here and there some years ago and may still. Who knows. Maybe call them and ask.

So I got someone in tech at TG and basically they have no original parts from Longfields. So no caps. They will warranty the joint if I send it in with one of their own. not nearly as strong as the ones I got from Longfields but it'll get me thru winterfest.

I'm still figuring out what I want to do about the axle for right now
<coughRWKhausYouGotaMsgcough>

I've warrantied a D60 Longfield U-joint through Trail Gear (who bought Longfield) about a year and a half ago. No problem. Mailed them the broken one, they sent me a new one. I also didn't have a receipt - just a broken joint.

You might give them a call. They may have caps available for purchase, or might just send them to you.

As for the WARN shaft, you're probably out of luck on that.

Remember that its KOH week, so they might not get back to you right away. :chef:

Jeeze RWKhaus! What are you trying to do?!?

I ordered an inner and outer short side set of shafts and a ujoint late Monday night and my daughter just called to tell me the parts are sitting on the porch!

You know, you're making it more difficult on other vendors if you keep spoiling us with this kind of service.... :)

Thanks Robert!

I'll post up pics of what brown santa brought me when I get home.

Jeeze RWKhaus! What are you trying to do?!?

I ordered an inner and outer short side set of shafts and a ujoint late Monday night and my daughter just called to tell me the parts are sitting on the porch!

You know, you're making it more difficult on other vendors if you keep spoiling us with this kind of service.... :)

Thanks Robert!

I'll post up pics of what brown santa brought me when I get home.

Daym 2 days! Ouch. I love it when someone calls at like 3:30pm and orders something and its on there door by noon the next day :) that happens in most all of cali, western az and nv as well as most of washington & OR. Not to mention about 6 states around Tn and Ky.

Back