• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new to the olympia area

xjreaper

NAXJA Forum User
I'm new to jeep and wheelin my own rig. I have been lurking on here for a couple months, but haven't noticed anyone in the olympia area. I grew up in the area, but don't get to get out since I don't have someone to go with. Never go alone, right? My current set up (2' shacke and 2' block rear and a 4' spacer front, bald 31's and no front drive line) isn't good for the more fun places like elbe, evans, or tsf, but I would like to go out to tahuya or get lost at capitol peak for a day. If anyone is in the area or planing a day trip to tahuya and don't mind a noob joining in please let me know.
Hope to see y'all on the trail, chris.

Welcome XJreaper. I'm up in the Seattle area. Not wheeling near as much as I am wanting to lately. We may have to hook up and go run some stuff. - Josh

Thanks for the welcome. I have a line on the front drive line I need so the possibility to get out is lookin good. I read somewhere you was into hockey so maybe one of these weekends we will have to go to kent and watch the thunderbirds play. Maybe someday we can get a real team (again) to go watch.

Welcome! The nwchapter is a good chapter, lots of good guys with lots of knowledge. Specfab especially.
Since you are new to jeep are you also new to building? Lots of info here, best one is to lose the lift blocks lol if money is a factor look into doing a bastard pack. And if you can find a cheap pair of 2.5" coils I have 1.75" spacer you can have for free to help get rid of that 4" spacer lol

Thanks all for the welcome. Money is a little tight but I would rather save the money to do the lift the right way the first time than have to do it again in a year or so. I'm not new to building. I did a lot of my own work when I had a honda and helped my ex brother in law build three different yotas. I have experience just don't have access to the tools anymore.

thanks redman. I will hit you up when I plan on going to evans. I've been there once as a passenger so I'm hoping you know your way around.

Back