• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best company in your opinion for a new stroker

Lake919

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all, so I am bouncing around the idea of buying a stroker for my 95 before I get into lifting it and anything else for that matter. My questions are, who makes the best motor and of I buy a crate motor what all do I have to buy extra to make the motor complete. Thanks in advance.

Without a doubt, talk to Russ Pottenger. While he is in Southern California, it would be worth your while to talk to him, and see what he could do.

I am incredibly pleased with my stoker from him.

David Bricker / SYR

x2 on russ p.

As far as having to 'buy extra to make the motor complete'... depends what you mean, you could put your stock stuff back on, and im sure it'd be better than new, but the details on a motor build add up. Expect at least a grand in bolt ons, at least if you plan to do it right.

Makes me wonder how my stroker would feel dressed in the accessories it came from the factory with.

Thanks guys, I am willing to spend the cash. I won't be putting used parts on a new engine. All bolt ons will be brand new.

Russ @ Bishop-Buehl all the way.

We run one of his motors, just about 400 horsepower and we've spun it up above 6500 RPM's *many* times.. it acts like it just wants to keep spinning faster, too.

Russ Pottenger
Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines
531 N. Lyall Avenue
West Covina, California 91790
Work (626) 967-1000
Fax (626) 967-7836
Cell (626) 673-2203
Email [email protected]

Back