• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Product Idea for Vendors out there

Tony_SS

NAXJA Supporting Vendor
Is there a product out there that replaces the factory crossmember AND offers underside/transfer case armor? If not, that might be an idea for some vendors here.. I would buy it.

X2 on TNT.

When I bought my long arm from them they accidentally sent me the regular crossmember instead of the Long arm one. It looks exactly the same as the long arm skid, just no attaching points for arms. It is a two piece skid, the transfer case skid can be separated. Pretty beefy.

Lots of good options there...TNT is nice but $$$$$. Kevins Offroad raises up the case by over a half inch. I think since I'm staying with the short arms for now, I'm going to just keep the factory xmember and pick up that Rustys xfer case armor. It looks like it will work with the frame stiffeners.

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/rustys-skids-xj-transfer-case-skid-231.html

Are there any options out there for people who've clocked their tcase? Or is it best to go ahead and fab myself?

TNT also has a HD crossmember that is not the full belly pan. I use it with the stock tcase skid and have very good protection, and everything is tucked up high and tight

Crossmember_and_Tcase_Skids.sized.jpg

ps--ignore janky exhaust welds, that whole thing was rebuilt a long time ago :eyes:

Seriousoffroadproducts.com has one as well, don't know if Frank sells the crossmember/skid independently though, or just with his long arms...

Frank would not sell his separate, and TNT does not have any of the old style left. :(

TNT would sell theirs for $350 without the xfer case armor, so I could add in long arms at a later date, or just the skid for $300.

That still hurts seeing as how the one ehall linked was only $120.

You could install the JCR transfer case skid which wraps under & around the stock cross member & weld the two pieces together.

Back