• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

good replacement distributor

mtbxj87

NAXJA Forum User
'89 4.0 renix
Whats a good replacement brand for my renix? Other then the obvious factory unit.
thanks

I bought a brand new Omix-Ada for my 96. New casting,
not rebuilt. It leaked oil at the base where it meets with the
block. I put a double gasket with sealer on it, and it stopped the leak. So if you get that brand, check the block
mating flange for being square with the shaft.

I got one from crown automotive about a year ago. It was around $113 for a new distributor, new casting etc. Haven't had any issues with it.
I double checked the indexing(the known renix issue) a couple months ago, it was pretty much spot on.
For the price, I don't think I'd even consider a reman, especially when the quality is so hit or miss.

Cool, thanks fellas. I haven't heard really anything good about omix-ada.

Yes, thank you for the reminder cruiser54. I don't have a running condition just bearing noise for the current diz.

I had a squeal noise from my 89 dist. took it apart, no bearings just bushings. cleaned and regreased the bushings and no more noise and free! Just need to remove the pin holding the gear on and the shaft pulls out.

Back