• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to do with fuel vapor canister with fuel cell

ibejeepin

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, getting started on a 6 inch stretch. I have a 1998 4.0L auto classic. I am wondering what everyone does with the fuel vapor canister when installing a fuel cell? Any ideas, pics or links are appreciated. Thanks

ok so if I have the line going from the tank to the fuel rail, a return line to the tank and a vent line from the tank through a roll over valve, can i ditch the canister?

Back when I was trying to figure out what to do with mine, my idea was to delete the canister and connect the vapor lines with a T fitting. I never got to the point of driving the jeep like that so I cannot tell you 100% but it might cause a check engine light, especially if you have a Leak Detection Pump and detects a leak. In my case I had some other issues with my fuel system so to rule any of that out I re-installed the canister. I found I could put it under the driver seat and its out of the way so I haven't messed with it since.

FYI, I can't have any check engine lights because it has to pass emissions testing where I live.

Back